WhatsApp Groups are a great way of bringing to group of people together. Having a WhatsApp group allows you to share messages with all your group members at once. Below you will find instructions on how to create a WhatsApp Group, how to set Group Admins, setup who can share messages and more.
Creating a WhatsApp Group
- Open your WhatsApp application and Go to “CHATS” tab
- Click on “Menu” or “3 dots” on the top right of the application (figure 1)
- Now tap on “new group”
- now All your contacts will be displayed on the screen, select contacts to add to the group. you can select a maximum of 256 participants in a group
- After you have selected the participants, tap on the green arrow.
- Now you are able to name your group. Fill in the Group Subject.
- You are also able to give your group an image. Tap on the camera icon to upload or take a photo. This will be your group icon.
Inviting friends to your Group via links
- Go to your Group
- Tap on the Menu or “3 dots” on the top right and tap on “Group Info”
- Now tap on “Invite via link”. Now you have options to send link via WhatsApp, send via another App or copy the invite link.
- The benefit of sending invite link is that Friends who have this link, can join your group any time without needing any approvals.
WhatsApp Group Admins
WhatsApp Group can have one or more admins. These admins can add or remove group members as well as promote members to the admin status. To promote an existing member to Admin:
- Open WhatsApp Group, where you are already an Admin
- Open the list of Group Participants or members via Group info
- Tap and hold on the member name, whom you want to promote as Admin. After a while a list of options appear, select the option “Make Group Admin” by tapping on it.